Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
The FAA controls airspace, there is no such thing a personal control of the airspace above a property, There were no TFR's (temp. flight restriction) or a permanent no fly zone. You can not invade peoples privacy, but there is no reasonable expectation of privacy at an open event of this type. You can not (at this time) fly over people at events, and I never would. The sUas must remain in line-of-site of the pilot in charge or a designated observer in contact with the PIC, which I did have both. I did not cross hot track occupied or otherwise. I flew some of the track during lunch break but stayed up on the north end during races.
Pueblo would need to pass an ordinance limiting or prohibiting sUas operation in the park. Denver has a ban in city parks without permit. This includes echo lake and summit lake Jeffco Parks are no fly.
The cameras on all my quads will look straight down at the push of a button so I can easily see what is directly under the craft and I use this to position. The mechanical and electrical dependability of the things is outstanding (all of mine are DJI). The smarts on these are impressive to say the least.
You don't NEED to know how to fly to fly one these, you DO need to know some important things to do it safely. I work in a field that is extremely safety conscious and have a lot of general safety training over the years so I am very used to evaluating situations for safe operation of equipment and procedures.

Also, being a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics I fly with $1M in liability Insurance and can easily purchase up to $4M additional from my phone billed hourly.

When you want a shot that would endanger a photogs well-being you send in the drone. These are the way to get footage from a perspective not available to Terra-photogs. Some people are excited about it, others not so much. I know HPR has a no drone policy, and although in a legal sense a person could fly there. I won't, because I respect their wishes, and, Glenn probably would try to shoot it down lol
I was talking about the Paramotor Saturday, which has similar rules, but what I said applies to you as well. Thanks for putting it in better terms :P

As for HPR, isn't shooting them down the only illegal action described? lol