On the contrary, modette....from the COHVCO web site. Yes, it's dated but perhaps you will contact Mr. Ryther to see where this is at. Or maybe no one showed up at the meeting to rep motorcyclists? You can bet the anit-access forces showed up. If they have 100 and we have 3, I don't have to tell you the outcome.

To interested parties,

I am a Gilpin County resident and am contacting you to propose an idea some of us have been working on to help the reopening of Rollins Pass Road. In my conversations with the various entities involved, the consensus seems to be there is a need to consolidate the various interests. I have had conversations with my county officials and USFS about this and they have expressed a serious interest. Also, I have
communicated wit three off-road clubs, COHVCO, Colorado state Parks Grant Program, Colorado Railroad Museum, and the Nederland Area Historical Society. All of whom are strongly motivated to help.

Here is the basic idea. There are many groups with interest in the opening of this road, but the reality for USFS and county funding today is that there is little money available for a project of this scope. We propose the formation of a Management Committee representing these groups to work with USFS officials to open, preserve and maintain the road. Under the terms of a cost share agreement, this body could seek and secure grants, government funding and other resources, identify and plan routine maintenance and repair work with USFS and help with signage and education for the traveling or recreating public.

I believe the key to the realization of this project is a coordinated effort to concentrate the railroad, OHV and other interests and develop a plan to mitigate the concerns of Boulder County and others who are questioning who will take stewardship of this special place when the barriers are finally dispatched.

We are largely a group of local enthusiasts who are willing to be available and give of our time and talents, which range from structural engineering to transportation maintenance to excavation contractors, to fulfill the dream of reopening the Hill Route.

There will be a meeting of the Rollinsville Area Historical Society on 15 April at 2:00 PM at the Stage Stop in Rollinsville. Part of our discussion will include this proposal and I invite you to attend. There will be a meeting of the OHV committee on 19 April 2007 at 5:00 PM at the Boulder USFS Office to discuss the status of the reopening project.

I encourage you to come and speak on behalf of your interests. I have a good list of contacts and invite you to contact me for information or to discuss ideas. I want to bring this proposal formally before the USFS and the commissioners of the counties and hope you will consider getting involved. Thank You.

John W. Ryther
16410 Hwy.119
Golden,Co. 80403
(303)642-0662
*rytherj@hotmail.com*