Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I also think all CSC dictators should be required to own a motorcycle.
That kinda defeats the whole dictatorship thing...
Besides, I own 4. I got 'em covered.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
Lets just armwrestle every year to see who mods.
Better yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Drano View Post
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum....php?f=82&a=13 The guidelines have been at the top of every forum for months, now.

Honestly, making the forums a better place comes down being respectful to each other. Part of that is staying true to the topic of each thread. There are very few people who like being interrupted during a conversation. Why? Because it's rude. Especially if it's not even related to the topic. It says their opinion doesn't matter. It makes others wonder whether it is even worth contributing to the conversation or beginning a new one.

The trick is that if you have something to say that doesn't fit the topic of the OP's thread, to go start a new one and voice your thoughts there. You can even say something like, "I was reading in this thread [link] and it made me think about this [topic]. Here are my thoughts. What are yours?" It's not that hard, and it takes the conversation in the direction you want to go, without taking away from the intent of the other thread.

Derailing a thread is easy. This one is a good example, and I'm one of the guilty parties. What I like is that Ezzzzy1 came back to his thread and corrected me. That's something every OP should be willing to do. It's your conversation. Redirect it, if you can. If not, ask a moderator to help. If you're not the OP and you want to stay on-topic, you can do the same thing. Establish some boundaries in the forum and, in time, they'll rarely get crossed. It can be tedious, especially if the line keeps getting crossed. Nobody likes repeating themselves continually, either.

To close: threads don't have to be serious. They don't have to be strictly about motorcycles. You don't even have to agree. For instance: if you don't like the new flow, say so. That would be perfectly appropriate. The bottom line is that we want people to keep calm, and show respect to each other. It creates a welcoming environment for both current and prospective members.