Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the best gloves for protection

the best gloves for protection

budget is not an option in 2 nights working with my hands i make enough to afford even the most expensive set! lol!

im looking at the komodo k-fx, velocity prodigy's, and anything else with the euro standard rating... i dont mind crazy looks i just want the absalute best protection i can get!

thanks for your recomendations!

Re: the best gloves for protection

Komodo makes top notch gear. Alpinestars GP-Pros or GP-Techs are worth every penny. RS Taichi gloves are exceptional. Held also makes incredible gloves.

Edit: I've lowsided in my RS Taichi GP-Max at HPR and they held up incredibly well. Some scuffing, but no busted seams or holes in the leather. I've also crashed in my A* GP Pro at PPIR and they held up very well. IMO, you can't go wrong with any of the gloves I mentioned or the Knox Handroids mentioned below.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Tue Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:24 AM.

+1 for held
    You've Grown Quite Mangy Cat, But Your Grins' A Comfort.

Personally, I wasn't impressed with the pair of Komodos I bought. They didn't last half as long as the cheaper AStars.

Give David @ 303 a call. Check out the RS Taichi as well as the Knox gloves. I'll probably pick up a pair of the Knox next spring. I really like the boa closure system. And since you're looking for "second to none" protection, maybe the handroids are right up your alley...

http://www.303cycle.com/productdetai...atalogId=-1751
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

For racing, I use Held Phantom gloves. I lowsided at PMP at about 50mph and slid across the track with my hand trapped under my body. I walked away without a single mark on my hand. They are well-made gloves, as will be very evident when you see them.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

+10000000 for Knox Handroids.

They are the best protection you can get for your fingers and hands.

Click my sig to check them out.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

For the ultimate in protection you cannot go wrong with the Knox handroids. We carry most color/sizes in stock and are the only authorized dealer in Colorado. From the Boa wrist closure system to the scafoid protection and metacarpal protection these are really tough to beat. In fact Knox makes the protection found in RS Taichi, Teknic and other manufacture's gloves, its really that good.

The top 2 gloves on my list are the Handroid and the RS Taichi GP Evo. Ultimate in protection without the ultimate price. Come on in and try some on, I'll be more than happy to get you fitted up and sho you all the features these gloves have that set them aside from the rest.

RS Taichi

Handroid
    Last edited by konichd; Tue Dec 28th, 2010 at 09:40 AM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

oh man! those handroids are soo crazy lookin! but they have all the tech i could want! and i didnt see it but im sure they have the pinky roll under protection right? or is it not needed with that set? i'll be sure to come in and check out a pair. funny thing is im probally gonna spend more on a set of gloves than a helmet but in my case i guess its warented!

thanks for the quick responce and pics!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by extremepaint View Post
    oh man! those handroids are soo crazy lookin! but they have all the tech i could want! and i didnt see it but im sure they have the pinky roll under protection right? or is it not needed with that set? i'll be sure to come in and check out a pair. funny thing is im probally gonna spend more on a set of gloves than a helmet but in my case i guess its warented!

thanks for the quick responce and pics!!!!
    How can you warrant spending more on gloves then your helmet?

The Knox gloves are sick and probably be what I pick up next. But, your head has to have a higher priority right?
    Casey D

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

You can get a solid colored Suomy Apex for about the price of some handroids.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by dragos13 View Post
    How can you warrant spending more on gloves then your helmet?

The Knox gloves are sick and probably be what I pick up next. But, your head has to have a higher priority right?

maybe he's a hand model

When I think of the $100k+ that is invested in my head in the form of schooling, I don't think I could spend enough to protect it

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    maybe he's a hand model

When I think of the $100k+ that is invested in my head in the form of schooling, I don't think I could spend enough to protect it

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

those handroids look badass

haha you should see my sexy sexy modeling hands! lol joking joking well... my hands do work with models (body paint, read: i airbrush boobies at night!)also great point and very true on that i havnt invested 100's in schooling but years of hand eye cordination practice. i know if i loose the use of my right index finger then its all over for me. untill i can switch to some other fingers or my left hand.

i knwo this has been argued before but i was having touble finding a solid responce. i figure that a shoei rf 1000 or exo1000 thats DOT and snell rated will offer the same protection as a 5-6 hundred dollar arai, suomy or other top of the line kind. If i could find one with saftey fetures incorperated like these handroids have, then you bet your ass i'll spend the extra $$$!!! but my hands... well they are my money makers and boobie touchers/pastie aplicators. you see the importance right!?

on the topic of helmets since i've been researching is there any advantage to buying the 400+ helmets besides for diffrences in venting/fit and finish and sheild fogging. im under the impression that they all protect in about the same way as long as they fit snug.

i just found an article on the spinal cord protection that just came out but have yet to find any helmet on the market with anything like it.

the ability to protect my skills is the absalute priority. so if you can, please convince me that the 500 dollar helmet will protect better than the 150-200 dollar ones. and i will gladly hold off riding for a few weeks to put the money to the better one

thanks for your advice help and positive attitudes! i know im a bit silly and diffrent in the way i got about things but my prioritys are a bit diffrent than others

edit: checked out the suomy apex nice looking helmet and good fetures and a price point im fine with. but i didnt see anything that makes it more protective over any other 100-150+ qualty brand
    Last edited by extremepaint; Tue Dec 28th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.

This thread is amusing

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

The devil's advocate here.
    It really all comes down to what is your acceptable level of risk management.
    Some prefer a half helmet and a scooter, some a harley and none. Some will never leave home without dressed top to toe in leather. If you are really concerned with how much your digits are worth you probably shouldn't ride motorbikes. They are inheirantly dangerous. You are many times more likey to recieve injuries riding a bike rather than driving in a car. Then again you could trip on a curb and snap your neck and die instantly. Buying the latest and greatest and most expensive is no gaurantee to preventing any injury. In the end, it is all a compromise, do what you feel is right and don't worry about what might happen, cuz it probably will. To me, any injury while on a motorbike is worth the pain, as what I get out of riding far outweighs any adverse happenings.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

bueller hopefully i'll be able to entertain you for many years to come!!

bashed you make an excellent point that rings with what im thinking what we do is inherantly dangerous. but making sure i take all precautions to prevent injury is first priority over anything else. you know what they say luck favors the prepaired right!?

if i was just your general newbie squid rider i would buy an exo400 a set of sears gloves, throw on a cheap used jacket off craigslist, steel toed boots and jeans... well wait isnt that more than a tyical squid!?

but i've been trying to heed the advice of all the riders before me and i would like to make sure i have the best protection i can get at an affordable/resonable price.

i hope im not making a fool of my self asking these questions but everyones adivce is extremely valuable to me! even if i seem to ask questions like an backasswards newb!

i've been researching gear all week so its why im starting to ask questions.

i dont feel that money buys protection. good quality, inovative and tested features are what im after. but usally thats what costs the money right!? i just want to spend it in the right place!

oh and just for the sake of the thread here are some boobs and airbrushing

damn this is the best boob pic i got taken with a shity cell phone all the others keep getting delted off photobucket!
    Last edited by extremepaint; Tue Dec 28th, 2010 at 07:10 PM.

I will give you my held gloves to apprentice with you lol

come over to GI janes this new years eve and i'll let ya sit and watch!!!

doing an event called the crimson ball sponcerd by redbull and kevin larson promotions on the 2nd. its strictly 500 person, VIP, invite only, guest list

should i start a new thread for that *dead horse* helmet debate?
    lol!!

ok got the delted on on your site so it wont go anywear

Maybe we should start the Helmet Debate. I just got my wife an EXO-400, because she only rides 2UP with me, and the helmet was only $140 from 303, ($160+ everywhere else.) Anyway, the helmet, size small, is both DOT and Snell rated, and it's light, comfortable for her, and fits well, so what's the big deal? Why do people hate on the EXOs?
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

^^ I have an exo1000. Other then being a bit heavier and noisier then my Shoei, I think it's a fine helmet. I really like that it doesn't fog up the instant the temps drop below 40 (which beats the Shoei, hands down) and the internal shaded visor works great. It's what sold it for me.

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Another thumbs up for the Knox Handroids. Best gloves I EVER owned. I'd take them over Helds, which I've always used in the past. IMHO their quality has been slipping.